Saturday, November 15, 2008

Potties and Pirates and Pajamas OH MY!!

Kind of an odd title, but this weekend has been an interesting one. Eileen came home from preschool on Thursday with a Pirate Costume. She was very excited about it and told me on the way home that the reason that the edges were jagged was because an alligator had tried to eat her! I think the idea was talking about pilgrims journeying to the new world, but Eileen's memories came out sounding more like Peter Pan. :)
Dan has started into wrestling season again, and as a result had had to be away a lot. When he came home with his new coach shirts, he asked Eileen if she liked his new shirt, and she said "Yes, can I have it?" Instead Dan gave her one of his old ones, and of course Anna needed one too. When she said how much she was going to miss Daddy, we told her she could just wear his shirt to help her feel better. So the girls have worn them as PJ's while Dan was away at wrestling. They just look so cute!!

Finally, our big news, we (by that I mean me) are potty training Anna. Anna ran around bottomless all morning and held it all in until after lunch when she let a little leak. (fortunately she had been confined to the kitchen so it was easy clean up) She came and told me and we rushed her to the toilet where she sat for 10 minutes before she finally let it all out in the toilet. Eileen, Aaron and I all clapped and cheered for her! I then put her in a diaper and put her down for her nap. After naps she was still dry, so I sat her on the potty and and shortly she again went in the potty! I'm so excited, we made it through the first day of potty training with out any major accidents and a couple successes. Not that she is anywhere near potty trained yet, but it's nice to have the first day go so well. Eileen was also a HUGE help, she sat i the bathroom with Anna and read books to her and brought in books for her to look at. What a sweet big sister! Aaron of course tried to get into everything, but he clapped for her when she did it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dan was tagged.

Brian.

http://brianandjanelle.blogspot.com/

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

ahh potty training, what joy. We are doing it right now too. Summer is pretty much good except she refuses to poop. She holds it all in and then goes during her nap or at night when she is wearing a diaper. Since she is still in a crib I really have no choice. So I figure I will just not worry about it for now and hope she will quit doing it.

Melissa C. said...

Yay for Anna! I need to get going on potty training Emma. She smeared poop all over her crib the other day...

Sara said...

First. Let me just say that I love that it seems as though all the Jones boys have remained true to their wrestling roots! Second. Congratulations on getting into the potty training business. I don't envy you.