Sunday, August 3, 2008

6 wonderful years

Yesterday was our anniversary. Thursday night Dan asked me if we were doing anything on Saturday. I said that I didn't think so. A couple minutes later he says "We'd better be doing something on Saturday" and I said why?...oh my goodness, is it August already!!!! So somewhat belatedly we excitedly got ready for our anniversary. We got a sitter (my mom) and made plans, and found gifts. So the day of, Dan and the kids made me homemade biscuits for breakfast and Eileen kept asking what a "versery" was. While the kids napped Dan made a much needed quick run to the grocery store and came back 2 1/2 hours later and locked me in the computer room. I hear pounding and banging for awhile and (with a suspicion of what he was doing) sat patiently. The kids got up from naps and told Daddy that all his banging had woken them up. :) So I was finally released to see my gift. Dan had taken the most recent pictures of our kids and framed them for our wall, and hung them! He knew I had been wanting to do that for awhile but just hadn't gotten to it, so he went and picked out the frames (and did a beautiful job of it) and did it for me! My sweet thoughtful husband can even pull it off with only 2 days notice. That night, we went and got pedicures and then to the Studio Movie Grill and saw "Dark Knight" So here we are, 6 years, 3 kids, and countless happy memories later. And I wouldn't trade any of it for anything.

5 comments:

Melissa C. said...

Happy Anniversary! Our 11 year anniversary is on the 16th. Wow, I feel old!

Deanna said...

Haha aren't you about the same age as I am? I just took a bit longer to get married!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I still can't believe that we are married with kids. I keep forgetting that you guys got married only 4 months after we did. Time flies!!! I miss you guys!

Elk Dresses said...

"We" got pedicures? Does Dan do that too? How do I talk BJ into that? :)

mk said...

Dan got a pedicure with you?! I'm so jealous. Happy Anniversary!