Saturday, August 9, 2008
Turkey Cheeses
Today we went up to Witicha Falls, TX to meet my sister and her husband to celebrate his, and
my dad's birthdays. We drove up and met there around 2:30 at Chuck E. Cheese for pizza, cake, presents, and games, games games. Eileen was very confused as to where we were going. She couldn't understand the idea of meeting in the middle. She thought if we were going to see Sandi, then we must be going to Sandi's
house. We finally got her to understand that we were just going to meet her at Chuck E. Cheese. She promptly told us "Oh I like turkey cheeses!!" With Anna emphatically nodding her agreement. So we went and had a grand old time! It was packed, but since the kids hardly cared what they did, we never really had to wait for anything. Really, when you are 2 and 3 years old, how much better can life get than this day. She got pizza at Chuck E Cheese for lunch surrounded by Grandma and Grandpa, and Aunt Sandi and Uncle Jon. She got to play games, cheat at skee ball, pick a rubber snake prize, watch movies in the car, listen to music, eat cake, take home a balloon, and had Macaroni and Cheese for dinner (all we had in the fridge...) Some
highlights were when Dan taught Eileen how to cheat at Skee Ball, she LOVED this game until mommy told her she should probably not do that anymore because it was cheating....I know I'm so mean :( Anna's was in heaven. She loved everything and wanted to keep doing it over and over. But one of her favorites was a (fake) pony ride, where you pretend to ride a pony in a race. Kinda like a car racing game, but on a horse. She rode it over and over. All in all it was an enjoyable day, even for the adults. No kids hurt of maimed, no parents lost it. And the car ride, wasn't bad. We might even do a car trip again some day...maybe... :) Of course a favorite for both was the Bob the builder ride. I think that was partially because it played the song too, not that you could really hear it over the background noise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds pretty similar to the story Eileen told me in Sunbeams today. Maybe she had a few less details, but she hit on all the main points. :)
OK. I'm dying to know how to cheat at Skeeball. Not that I'd ever do it or anything. ; )
I want to know how to cheat at skeeball, and I probably would do it!
Ok all you dirty rotten cheaters (just kidding) that first picture out there is how Eileen cheated at skee ball! I'd just like to see an adult try and pull that off!!!
Post a Comment