
Ok so I realize that it isn't exactly pioneer day yet... but our ward had a pioneer day breakfast this weekend and it seemed silly to wait 4 more days to post on it, especially since we probably wont actually do anything on the actual day. :) But anyway we had a blast. So much so that Eileen has been talking about going back to the sprinkler park ever since. She even asked if she could have breakfast there again. So the ward gathered

near a sprinkler park and brought all their favorite breakfast foods, so the table was covered with cinnamon rolls, sweet breads, pastries, muffins, and a little big of fruit. Not the most healthy breakfast, but hey what's the fun in life if you can't have junk for breakfast once in a while! Anna LOVED the water. I was afraid that she was going to refuse to go in the water at all, or just get totally scared by the spraying water or the millions of kids (in addition to our group there were like 3 other groups doing

birthdays.) Instead she spent most of her time there, not even fussing when she got knocked over! Eileen on the other hand hardly went in the water at all. She preferred the play ground. We had a little mishap when she was playing in a rocking thing and managed to wack herself in the mouth and get a bloody lip. But I've come to expect this kind of thing from her. It seems like we rarely make it very long without Eileen getting a bloody face of some sort! Despite a rough part, she had enough fun to want to go back again. Aaron had fun, he would squeal when I took him near the water and he got splashed. He enjoyed himself so much that before we left (around 11:30) he had tired him self out so much that he actually fell asleep on my shoulder. (BTW this picture of Eileen is her shaking her backside with a wedgie for the camera...don't ask, we don't know) We

also had a fun Sunday, we had the Hatches over for dinner and a game of Settlers of Catan. We all had a fun time playing and letting the kids run amok! Aaron, after watching Dane crawl around him in circles, decided that he could do that too, and quickly found his way up on all fours and sat there rocking for a bit. I was so excited!! Am I silly for getting this excited over stuff like this even on my third? Every new achievement is just as exciting with him as it was with Anna and Eileen. Oh well, I'm a dork, and I know it!
1 comment:
You've always been a dork but that's why we've always been firends! Your outing sounds like fun. I wish we lived close enough that we could play. We'll just have to visit sometime.
Post a Comment