First, of course is my wonderful husband, the father of my children. He is the light in my life, and an example to me of a person trying to live the gospel. He is such a wonderful father, and I knew he would be when I met him. He has a way with people in general, but especially his kids. He loves, teaches, and nurtures them and earns their love, respect and gratitude in return.
Fourth is my Grandfather. My dad's father passed away when I was young, so my mothers father is the only Grandpa I have really known. He is an amazing man. He has always been a guiding influence in my life. He taught me to fish, to work, to have faith, to be respectful and to love. When I think of my grandpa, a myriad of happy images, both from my childhood, and from recent years flood my mind with joy, but the constant was always his love and patience. My sister and I tried his patience many times, yet I don't ever remember him losing patience with us. I have always felt his love for his family and those around him, not by his words, but by his actions. He gave his love in so many ways. Finally, this list would not be complete with out my Heavenly Father. How can I even begin to thank Him for what He's done for me. I have gained a much greater understanding and appreciation of how much He wants for us, and the ways He teaches us since becoming a parent myself. He is the perfect parent, loving, kind, constant, and understanding. As I struggle to raise my children and teach them of life, love, truth and joy, I see my own shortcomings and Heavenly Father's patient ways of teaching me.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
1 comment:
What a sweet tribute to the "dads" in your life!
Post a Comment