Sunday, August 13, 2023

Last Hurrah!

This week was our friends campout!  Monday and Tuesday were mostly spent by me getting ready for the campout.  

Evelyn started Marching Band this week and has spent all day every day at the school playing her flute with her friends.  She is having a blast and is working hard!  

Tuesday was the water polo coaches meeting for the BSD schools.  Right now, we still don't have numbers, we need to recruit!!  After, I went to masters, but there was hardly anyone there, which was sad since I won't be able to play there while practices over lap.  :(

Wednesday morning, I went to work out, then took David to his Music Camp with Sister Shum while I packed up the car, then we ate lunch and headed out towards the camp site.  We were there a bit early, but not too bad and they let us check in.  So we checked in and started setting up.  We set up all three tents, which was probably over kill, but I let Anna make the big tent the girls party tent.  They crowded in and had a blast together.  They were awesome and wanting to include everyone and weren't too noisy and didn't stay up too late.  Then I got my own tent, the younger boys shared a tent and Aaron as usual just slept in the van.  

The weather was perfect - not too hot or too cold.  Mostly sunny, though it was raining a bit when we first got there, it cleared up and was perfectly sunny and warm the rest of the time.  


Since Dan had to stay home to work and Evelyn had to stay home for band and Eileen chose to stay home since she could, it was just me, Anna, Aaron, James and David.  The kids quickly found friends and went to hang out with them.  The Blanchards had brought their foam weapons and the boys especially had a blast with them, plus there was a playground in the center area of the loop of campsites, which the kids all loved playing on with their friends and they even made new friends.  Since the kids mostly were occupied, I had fun hanging out with the other ladies!  

The campground was on a river and the kids had fun playing there and skipping rocks and swimming and playing on the kayaks and paddleboards and all sorts of fun stuff.  We spent most of Thursday down playing on the river.  



Erika and I went exploring the trail and found some beautiful things to see and had a great little hike and a fun time chatting.  


We had a fun time in the evening roasting marshmallows and hanging out with friends.  One family brought popcorn to cook over the camp fire, so we had popcorn and smores and lots of fun! 



Friday, after a morning of playing and chatting, some of us headed out to the beach and the others stayed and played at the river.  James and Aaron wanted to stay at the river, while David and Anna chose the beach.  The weather was perfect for the beach - it was warm and sunny!  It was warm enough that I even got in the water a bit with David.  


After the beach, we walked around Rockaway for a bit and got some ice cream and taffy, then headed back to the campsite for dinner and packing up.  



We headed home Friday night so that Aaron and Anna and I could go to the coaches clinic on Saturday.  


Saturday morning, I headed out to MHCC for the clinic and Anna and Aaron followed for the athletes portion.  It was a great clinic and the kids had a great time and learned a lot.  Unfortunately, neither one remembered to put on sunscreen.... So they were both roasted by the time it was done.  


Saturday evening, Anna and I went to Open Polo.  There was a great turnout and we had a blast!  

Sunday we had great church meetings.  The Sacrament Meeting was partially youth bearing testimony which was wonderful and the talks were wonderful too!  Primary went well and choir went well too!  
David and James are so excited to have Lydia back for a few months before she goes on her mission.  They just love having her around!  Dan and Aaron had a priesthood meeting this evening which was great, and now Aaron is thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing!  

Next week starts the water polo pre-season.  Unfortunatly, we are still very low on numbers.... :(  

No comments: