We are officially into the crazy busy Christmas time of year. We had a rather crazy busy week this week. Between getting stuff ready for Christmas and school activities and Christmas parties and Musical events, all on top of the usual stuff, it's been a crazy week!!
Evelyn was on stage crew for the middle school play and this was tech week, so she had rehearsals at the school every night this week. Then she had her performances Thursday, Friday and Saturday. They did Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Dan and I went to see it on Friday, and had fun. The kids did a great job and had a lot of fun doing it!
Eileen enjoyed her quiet stay house/dog sitting at Aunt Sandi's house. Dan brought her home with him after work on Tuesday and then she and I went to the Relief Society Christmas activity. It was really nice and the food was yummy and the program was really nice too! I had to take off a bit early to get to water polo, and Eileen got a ride home with a friend.
Wednesday was a combined youth activity talking about FSY this summer and the kids came home excited to go this summer!
Thursday, I went to Dan's work to do the company pictures. Jon likes how I do them because I'm fast and I'm willing to be paid in lunch. So I took quick pictures and then had lunch with everyone in the office. And no this wasn't his official picture, but it's my favorite. :)
Friday we had a bunch of dentist appointments. I had mine in the morning, I walked over right after the Zumba class in the morning, I was a bit early and the patient before me went a bit long, so I got to sit in the waiting room reading for a while. They felt bad about making me wait and gave me a couple Starbucks gift cards, but I honestly didn't mind waiting and quietly reading. :) Eileen and Dan also had appointments this week and thankfully all went smoothly - no cavities and all is well.
Saturday was crazy.... Anna and I went to our Peter the Rock rehearsal, but we could only stay about an hour, then we had to take off to get Anna to her Tuba Christmas rehearsal. I dropped her off downtown and then headed back to play water polo with the Masters group and had a great time - I was playing well which was fun! Then I grabbed a quick lunch and headed back to go listen to Tuba Christmas. It was so much fun - a huge group of tubas and euphoniums and a huge crowd gathered to listen. It was fun to listen to Christmas music, even if it was out in the rain and Anna had a lot of fun doing it. It was wet and rainy, but still a lot of fun!

After, we went home and did scriptures and prayers with the kids before heading out to take Aaron to babysit Taz and Kai and then going to the company Christmas party. It was a fun night of chatting and eating and it went longer than expected - everyone was much more eager to chat this year and 3 hours later and it was still going strong. Dan and I finally got out of there and got home with Aaron, then I grabbed Anna and we headed out for open polo and played until 11. It was a fun evening and it's fun getting to know more people in the community. After 3 hours of playing water polo today, I was pretty ready for bed though!
Church today was great - great talks and primary went well. Ward choir after was wonderful - I love Christmas music and it's such a great group of people!! Then in the evening, Anna had her Encore fireside at our church building. It was such a wonderful fireside and she did amazing. They wanted kids to accompany where possible and Anna was the only one who was willing to try doing one of the parts for Joy to the World because it was crazy hard - but Anna has never been one to shy away from doing hard things - she worked so hard to get this ready and she did SO well!!! It was an amazing piece and she did an amazing job!! The whole fireside was a wonderful experience with the spirit there so strongly!
No comments:
Post a Comment