Sunday, March 6, 2022

Jam and Colorado

Well, we finally got our fruit last Sunday, so this week after the purees had thawed, we started making jam.  We now have a fresh supply of home made jam to last us awhile!  We did strawberry, raspberry and boysenberry.  We all really wanted some rolls to eat the jam with, but Eileen was exhausted from tech week for her play, so those would have to wait a bit.  But we have a refrigerator full of the foam from on top that we are finding lots of way to enjoy! 


We have had a busy week of school and sports and activities and such, David and I had fun playing magnets this week and he was so proud of this truck he made that he wanted me to take a picture and send it to Grandma Jones. 


Evelyn auditioned for her middle school play which is High School Musical Jr.  She did well enough to get called back!  She is so excited!  

Friday afternoon, I headed to the airport to go to Colorado for Grandpa's 95th birthday.  There was some drama with my ticket - as in when I got to the airport, I didn't have one - when we got the tickets online, United apparently went far enough into the process to get our credit card approved, but then didn't finish it and charge it, so our reservation got cancelled.  Thankfully there was still room on the flight and I was able to make it to Colorado, but had to pay a lot more than we should have because of their mistake.  I stayed with Frank and Tina while I was there and tried to help out with party prep as much as possible.  It was a great party and Grandpa really loved being surrounded by people he loves and who love him.  It was wonderful to get to see family and spend time together.  In the evening, the family all went out for dinner and then we sent Grandpa home to rest from a long day, while the rest of us did our best to get safely home in the snow!  


The next day, I had a brunch with Mom and Sandi and Grandpa and then after that, a late lunch with Sandi and Mom and Tina.  It was a wonderful weekend!  

Things on the home font went well too.  Dan sent me picture of Eileen's rolls and and his Lemon Meringue pie to make sure I came home with all haste.  As much as I wanted to get home quickly, the weather had been snowing steadily all day in Denver area, so of course all the flights were delayed, so while I got in later than I had planned, I was really just glad to get home safely.  



Christmas of 2020, I had planned on and tried to get Dan the new PS5, but it has been impossible to get - and even still now can be almost impossible to get, I say almost, because Dan finally managed to find one online and get it before they were sold out again.  It arrived this week and he's excited (and I'm excited for him!)  

No comments: