Sunday, November 14, 2021

Water Polo State Championships

 It's been a busy and stressful week!  The week was full of school and preschool and water polo and fun.  We've been enjoying having some time together as a family and look forward to having even more next week!  The kids had Thursday and Friday off of school (except David who still had preschool) so we had some fun with friends and got some errands run.  Things are finally starting to get finalized for our Thanksgiving week - we are so looking forward to time with family and friends!  


Water Polo practices this week were a bit rough - the girls are largely feeling burnt out and it was hard getting them to focus, even with the Championships and two very hard games coming up.  I think it was good for them to have Thursday to rest and recover before Friday night's game.  We went up against Lakeridge, who were ranked number 2 in the state, and were able to beat them in overtime.  It was a long hard game, but the girls did a great job!!  It was an exciting win, but with the game against the undefeated Sam Barlow the next day, there was little relief.  

Saturday morning, Dan took the older kids to the youth service project in the morning - they had fun working hard and serving people in the ward! 


Then I took the boys outside to do some yard work - they had fun playing in the leaves and helping me rake them into a pile, then once jumping in the pile got old, the deserted me :(  But they had fun, and we got some good work done.  


In the afternoon, the boys decided to pamper mom a bit - James and David did my hair and James set up the foot soaker and Evelyn painted my nails in Mountainside colors.  


In the evening, we headed back down to the State Championship game.  The team we played was and remains undefeated, but we played hard and had a good game.  It has been such a privilege to work with these girls - they are amazing and I am super proud of all the work they put in to become the second best team in the state and we are way excited to be able to say that we got 2nd in the State Championships!  




Today we had a wonderful Stake Conference.  After a stressful weekend, I was rather beat, but loved the talks and testimonies borne.  After Dan and I each needed naps, so we traded off with the kids and nap time.  Then we had a nice dinner and family time and game time and now (even with a nap) I'm beat!  


I'm excited because Julia is going to be coming out to stay with us for a few days during Thanksgiving week!  I am making plans for the week off with the kids and I'm looking forward to a bit of down time next week! 

No comments: