Sunday, July 18, 2021

Pools? We don't need no stinkin' pools!

We've had a fun week.  Anna had cross country practices, on Monday and Wednesday.  Sandi needed babysitters during the day all week, so Eileen or Anna was there each day this week.  Evelyn and Aaron had their Summer Camp classes through the middle school and David and James and I kept busy around the house and at the library and at parks.  Friday, we planned to go with some friends to a nearby aquatic center that Caleb's dad had told us about.  Turns out they charge you more than what is usually a day-pass price for a 45 minute time slot and you can only use this small little pool that is all less than 4 feet deep.  The kids had fun, but I don't think we will be doing that again - I'd rather go to the lake or the beach!  

Friday night, Sandi was supposed to be going out with Jon and Julianne to a comedy club, but Jon wasn't feeling well, so I went as Sandi's date.  It was mostly funny and I was fun to be out with them!  



Saturday was kinda crazy!  The older kids had a youth activity - they all had a blast and while they did that, Dan took James on a lunch outing, and I took David on a lunch outing.  James wanted Panda Express and David wanted a hamburger.  He was so cute about making his choice.  They both had a fun time! 


In the afternoon, some people from the ward were meeting up at the lake for swimming and paddle boarding and fun.  We all had a great time with friends.  Dan's company has a lot going on right now, and he is swamped with work and was feeling really stressed, so I told him to stay home and work while I took the kids to the lake so that he could have a mostly stress free Sunday with family.  So he got a lot of work done, and the kids and I had fun hanging out with friends at the lake.  The kids had fun having a junk food dinner and they almost all had friends there to hang out with.  Anna had a couple guy friends from the ward who were there, one of whom is a friend that she spends a lot of time chatting/flirting with.  So of course, Evelyn has started teasing her about him.  

Today was a busy day, Dan had early morning bishopric meetings, then we all got in the car to go to John and Melissa's ward.  Jacob is back from his mission and was speaking in his ward.  He gave a wonderful talk and we had a wonderful lesson in Sunday School.  It's amazing to see how much he has grown up in the last 2 years!  After, we all (and by all, I mean all the close Jones' family, including Dan's parents, and all of Melissa's close family) got together at John and Melissa's house for lunch and baby blessings and birthday celebrations and time together.  It was wonderful - it's been fun living close to John and Melissa - not just because we get to see more of them and their kids, but also it's been wonderful getting to see Melissa's family too!  



In the evening, we took it easy and had a lazy dinner.  I finally remembered a birthday present my parents had sent to him awhile ago and got it down for him - he opened it and was loving playing with them - he didn't want to stop playing with them to go to sleep, so I let him take them into his room to play a bit longer.  




No comments: