Sunday, June 13, 2021

Wait... it's almost summer?

My brain has not really been able to wrap itself around the idea that it's almost summer.  Maybe because it feels like the school year went by really fast, maybe because the weather has been cool and rainy all week and it doesn't feel like summer, maybe just because I'm not ready...  

The week has been a week of school, swimming (at 5am!!!  ugh) youth activities and family stuff.  David and I spent a lot of time playing cars and legos and dolls and whatever else he could find.  It's funny because he often picks up on jokes that his siblings try to tell (and usually they tell the joke incorrectly or the punch line incorrectly) but when it's mixed up by this sweet little boy it's much more funny!  

David: Want to hear a pizza joke?
Me: Sure
David: Never mind, it's too corny!
David: Want to hear a corny joke?
Me: Sure
David: Never mind, it's too pizzy!





I've been a bit stressed out this week with trying to get things ready for the trip next week.  I don't feel ready for it at all...  This weekend included some shopping to try and get everything ready for the trip, for the MCO concert and for the Colorado.  

Saturday, Evelyn and I went over to Jon and Sandi's new house to help with unpacking.  Evelyn's job was to help keep Taz and Kai out from underfoot and I was there to help Sandi and keep her company.  We gave mom and dad a video tour of their house.  Their house is really nice - I think it's going to be perfect for their family.  We got their kitchen unpacked and put together and cleaned up so that they could use it.  Then Evelyn and Kai did a gymnastics contest for us and I helped Sandi out with a couple other things, before we headed home to get everything ready for next week.  In the evening, Anna and I went out walking, even though it was raining.  Anna was so cute - she spent the whole walk splashing in puddles and getting soaked - and she had a blast.  It was fun watching her and laughing at her!  She used her umbrella to play with rather than to keep rain off - but since it was a kid's umbrella, given to her by Great Grandma Penny many years ago and even has her name embroidered on it, it wasn't really big enough to protect her well anyway! 


My two weeks post 2nd vaccine shot are officially up and I am officially fully vaccinated.  It's funny because while it feels like a relief to know it's done, I am also not really changing much - I'm still wearing a mask in public and at church.  

Today was great!  Church was wonderful, then Evelyn had a great idea to make a little car mat for David to have in the car, so we took some felt and hot glue and had fun.  Anna came in and loved the idea too and helped out.  It came out so cute - the girls did a great job, and it was a great idea! 



No comments: