Sunday, January 10, 2021

13?????

We've had a fun week!  Dan found some cheap roller blades so he can go roller blading with Evelyn!  They fit me also, but I tried them for a bit and it's a bit too hill-y here for me!   



I finally finished my puzzle from New Years this week - it had 5 pieces missing and 27 pieces of other puzzles mixed it.... even though I had never done the puzzle.... sigh....  

David still loves to help in the kitchen all he can - and even better he now thinks that he knows how to do everything all by himself...  We made chicken rolls, and David loved pounding the chicken breasts.  


On Wednesday, David and I headed over to Sandi's to drop off some piano stuff - David passed out on the way over - he always does when I drive in the middle of the day with him - but then when he sleeps during the day, he doesn't want to go to sleep at night.  


David and James were playing in the bath tub last Saturday, and David slipped and fell against the bath spout and gave himself a black eye.  Poor boy!  By this point it didn't hurt, but it looked pretty epic.  


Saturday, we finally had a nice sunny day, so we took some of the kids to a skate park to use their roller blades.  It was really crowded - with lots of older kids on skateboards, so the kids didn't do much other than skate around timidly.  Dan skated with them some, I just tried to keep David from getting run over... Aaron tried skating some at first, but after bruising his tail bone, he was done.  


Amazingly, this boy is now officially 13.  I have 3 teenagers...  He's an amazing kid and lots of fun.  He's an amazing older brother.  He loves Minecraft, Minecraft and more Minecraft.  We may have overcooked his Angel Food Cake a bit - but he's too nice to complain even a little bit.  


This weekend, we lost a lot of hair in our house.  The boys all got shaved and Anna had Dad cut her hair really short too.  It's a good thing Eileen is making up for all of it. :)  

Evelyn got a miniature greenhouse room building kit for Christmas, so this evening, she and I went and worked on it together for a bit.  We got a bunch of the pieces put together, but there is still a long way to go.  We had fun though and I think it's going to be really fun to do this together!  


We had a wonderful Sabbath.  Anna was sustained as her Young Women's class president and Evelyn was sustained as her Young Women's class second councilor.  They are both eager to serve!  Evelyn is especially excited about her first calling!  

Eileen has been having fun using her Anime cookbook!  She made homemade pot stickers this week - they were SO yummy!!!  It's been fun seeing her get excited to try out new things and she's been making them with minimal help from Dan and I.  

No comments: