Monday, November 23, 2020

I've Seen Sun and I've Seen Rain

 It has been a somewhat crazy week.  Not because so much happened necessarily, but because with Oregon locking everything back down due to COVID, tensions are running high.  The kids are having some virtual activities with the youth, but otherwise, nothing.  The kids have been going nuts, and with rainy weather, we haven't gotten outside enough.  We are having trouble with tempers and kids on task with school and selfishness.  Anna went to babysit for Taz and Kai during the week, and she has been working hard to earn money for an iPad for her art.  

One of my favorite things to do is go on walks with Eileen and Anna.  We took an epic walk earlier this week - ended up being gone for nearly 2 hours and came back exhausted but having had a great time.  Also, now that Eileen has her new glasses and can see, we've had fun enjoying the beauties of this area.  On Monday, we could see the fog sitting in the valley and walked down into it and then back up out of it!  

One of the sweet sisters I minister to works for Nike and gave us a pass to the employee store - so Dan took Anna there to get her some new shoes - she grew out of her pairs from earlier this summer....  But she is so excited by her new pairs and I'm so grateful for a sweet sister who has opened her heart to us!  Her daughter has also been chatting with Eileen online and Eileen walked over to see her this week!  

Friday morning, President Nelson gave a broadcast - it was so beautiful and spoke about the healing power of gratitude.  I felt strongly that this was what my heart needed, so I have been attempting to follow his challenge both on social media and in our home with a gratitude jar.  It has been softening our hearts and bringing a bit more love to our home bit by bit.  I'm so grateful for a prophet who guides and directs us in the Lord's way! 

Saturday, we dragged all the kids out of bed and headed into town to go to a park near where Dan works.  Mostly we all had a blast, but Eileen had stayed up too late the night before and wasn't interested in being at a park  :)  David would climb up every little hilly area in the park (and there were a lot of them) then he would proclaim himself king of the mountain.   



Saturday afternoon, Dan and I went on a "date."  What we really did was go shopping for Christmas gifts.  We hit a bunch of places with masks firmly in place and got a good chunk of our Christmas shopping done.  Then we had some take out dinner sitting in our car and watching the Great British Baking Show.  Then we went home and put the kids to bed and watched the Fast and the Furious 8.  Anna usually watches those with us, but she was already out cold.  :)  

My sweet hubby made a Boston Cream Pie for me - and I am majorly looking forward to eating it!!  


Well my computer isn't letting me put pictures in right now, so I will have to wait until later and try again.  :)  

No comments: