We've had a busy week this week. I'm ok for going in the pool again, so we've been going to the pool a lot this week - it's been pretty empty there which has been nice.
Whenever Eileen wants her hair up and off her face and neck, she gets me to do her hair. I'm not very good, but I have fun braiding her hair and trying to get it to look nice. This was one of the attempts this week. The funny thing is that she then takes it out when she showers in the evening, and I'm usually doing the braid after dinner time, so it's not in very long, but I like being able to serve her and show her I love her since she hates hugs. :)
Aaron and James were having fun trying to build houses of cards - David tried to help for a bit too - but he wasn't much help. :) Aaron managed a decently impressive one - certainly a whole lot bigger than I could ever manage! James did a pretty amazing job too, but it crashed before I could get a picture :(
David loves to play games with us, but of course, he has no concept of the rules and needing to play by rules. Which can make it an adventure. If he's in a good mood - it's fun and a bit silly - when he's not in a good mood... well it's not worth the trouble.
Thursday night, Dan and I went out on a date for our anniversary. We met up with some friends at Fogo de Chao for dinner and had a lot of fun! Before, we stopped off at my parents house and dropped off a chicken Dan had smoked the day before and some fried rice. We chatted for a bit before we had to go.
This little guy is such a ham! He is just adorable and a ton of fun (unless he's tired and grumpy!) He also loves to eat - especially breakfast. He eats multiple breakfasts over the course of the morning and then he eats snacks - it's no wonder that he barely eats any lunch.
On Saturday we learned that we had a showing in the afternoon, so we spent the morning and early afternoon cleaning up and vacuuming and getting the kids ready to take them out. Then we headed to the library. While having to be out of our house, we had a couple video viewings of other houses in OR to look at. We still haven't seen something that we are in love with yet, but hopefully we will be able to find something when we are ready to take action.The viewing on our house seemed to go well - we got positive feedback and we are anticipating an offer tomorrow. We've been waiting and suspended in being able to take any real action - it's kinda crazy to think that things could suddenly be moving very fast.
We had to get the kids registered for school here this week - we opted for online school for all the kids. School is supposed to start here on Aug 26th, but it's not supposed to start until September in OR.
Church today was wonderful. We talked about the story of Isaac and Rebekah and about temples. One thing about this Covid-19 craziness is that I feel it has brought our family even closer together!
I've had an awful time trying to get doctor's appointments set up. I was told by my ENT who did my surgery that I needed to see an endocrinologist - so I finally had an appointment set up on Friday to see one - when I got there, they were still trying to figure out what our insurance would cover, and said that if they didn't figure it out by the end of my appointment, then I would have to pay out of pocket - but they couldn't tell me how much it would cost out of pocket. I wanted to wait for the insurance, but they said they couldn't wait any longer, so I walked out and we found another one - but I can't get in to see them until a week from Monday - which means I'm stuck being tired on insufficient meds for at least another week+.
I've gotten back to working out this week - it's been good, but I'm sore!!
No comments:
Post a Comment