Weather was great this week - it was hot most of the week - then Friday night and Saturday night we got a ton of rain! The kids have been wanting to go to the pool every day, but I've tried to keep it to times when it's not too crowded. I expected Saturdays to be the craziest - but after the rain and slightly cooler temperatures it was empty, so the kids and I spent a couple hours there on Monday, and Friday and Saturday.
Evelyn and I have been making a blanket together - she picked out colors for hers and we have been going along together. She had a bit of trouble on the first panel, so we decided to call it the practice panel and she is now calling it her scarf. Either way - I think she's doing a great job and it looks really cute!
Today was Father's Day. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, amazing father and awesome grandpas, so we had a great time celebrating with Dan today. We made biscuits for breakfast and he got his present - a box set of The Fast and The Furious. He and Anna are looking forward to watching them together. The girls had their first Young Women's activity in quite awhile, so they had a fun evening painting pictures together with some friends.
Thursday night we had a game night with a good friend of ours - we played Settler's of Catan and had a great time playing and chatting!
Other than that, we have been trying to get ready for the trip - we are just about there! The kids are counting down the days and it's been hard to keep them out of the fun stuff we got for the trip.
I took Koopa down to the vet to get checked out - he's had some skin itchiness, so he got a shot and a dental appointment set up. My mom came up after - she wanted to drive around in her new car and get out of the house, so she brought up some floaties that we had left there and picked up some food and then we sat outside in the shade on the driveway and chatted for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment