Sunday, January 19, 2020

Music, The Temple and a Wedding...Oh My!

We had a bit of a crazy week.  Monday was the usual sort of day it usually is.  Laundry, grocery shopping, school, seminary, and FHE.  Tuesdays have become regularly crazy.  There are all sorts of early drop-offs for the kids for extra-curricular activities.  Then David and I head to the church for the work out class and play time.  Then in the afternoons there are piano lessons and now Anna is doing Robotics which meets after school on Tuesdays.  So we scramble to get everywhere and then come home for dinner. 

Wednesday morning, I had some errands to run, and one of them was a stop at Michael's.  Dan had taken some needlepoint to get framed and they had framed them and sent them back to us with the folds in the fabric still clearly visible.  I was rather frustrated, so I took them back in hoping they would be willing to get these fixes done with out re-charging us for them.  Thankfully they were at least not going to charge, but they said they couldn't press it or stretch it as is usually done, so I took them home to press them and they will put them back in when I bring them back.

This week, we had MCO rehearsal on Wednesday.  And we needed to be there a bit earlier than usual.  There was a parents meeting before and both Stewart brothers were there to ring in the new season.  Rehearsal was a ton of fun - The Grand Chorus got voiced and it was amazing!  Plus he said I have a gorgeous voice!  :)  This season is going to be amazing, I'm so glad the girls get to participate in this!  plus, it ended early enough for them to still get to go to most of the youth activity that night.

Since choir was on Wednesday night, we had Thursday night open and used it to go to the temple.  Dan and I headed out after getting the kids some dinner, and had a wonderful time serving in the temple.  We stopped for a quick Ramen dinner on the way home, then got home and collapsed for a bit before bed. 

David has become obsessed with Play-dough lately.  But it keeps him happy and busy for nearly half an hour, so it's worth it the clean up.


While we were going to the temple, Anna realizes that Evie isn't her usual happy, bubbly self and tries to talk to her about it.  Evie doesn't want to talk to her about it.  She manages to get from James that Evie has been bullied some at school.  She finally gets Evie to open up to her about it - some girls have been calling her fat (I don't know any healthy kid who is further from fat than she is) and she was feeling very upset about the whole thing.  Anna handles this all like a pro while we are gone.  After, she asks if she can get Evie a journal and decorate it for her so she can use it to get through this.  So on Friday evening after all-region, I took her to Walmart to get the journal and decoration supplies, (I also took Evie to get a present for a birthday party on Saturday - then we had to try to hid the stuff from Evie!) Then Anna stayed up late that night decorating the journal's cover for her and putting inspirational quotes on the inside to help cheer her up.  My momma's heart was just swelling with love and pride for this amazing young woman and her thoughtfulness and her desire to use her talents to bless her family! 


Friday was the beginning of a busy weekend.  After getting the kids off to school, David and I headed over to the church to help a friend set up for her daughter's wedding.  His friend Addy was there with her mom also, so he had a blast running around and playing while we set up.  We had lunch with them then headed home so David could nap.  Anna had all-region band practice all day at the high school. 

Saturday began nice and crazy.  I started out the day with a quick musical number rehearsal with Brihana, then I was at the church all morning and most of the afternoon.  I was helping set up the wedding luncheon and then making sure everything was ready for the wedding.  It was kind of crazy watching the wedding party - they seemed so young (granted they are young - they are right out of high school) but it made me feel rather old!  Dan wasn't very nice and said "You know it could be just 5 years before we are looking at this."   Thankfully I don't think Eileen is the type to get married early.  Or Anna for that matter.  Life goes so fast sometime.  The wedding and reception were beautiful - I helped with set up and food prep and making sure the food didn't run out and had fun chatting with friends and trying not to cry - apparently I'm one of those people who always cry at weddings....  It was all beautiful though and our bishop did a great job with his first wedding.  After, we left to head to Anna's all-region band concert.  She was first chair trumpet in the concert band!  They did an amazing job!   We got to sit right up close to her, which was fun!




We came home and had some dinner and got kids to bed before Dan took Anna and some friends down to her first youth dance!  She called two of her friends from church and offered a ride and they had a blast together! 

Sunday was ward conference.  The talks were wonderful - my organ playing went pretty well, and my musical number went well.  I'm always amazed at how much better it goes in church, than it does when I'm practicing.  The Lord helps magnify my meager efforts to bring the spirit into the meeting!  After church, we met with the Stake Presidency for a little bit.  It was a great Sabbath day! 

No comments: