Sunday, September 16, 2018

Birthdays Galore!

It's been a wonderful week.  This week was our first attempt at cooking for profit.  We have worked out a deal with Sandi and Jon where a couple times a week, we cook extra of what we are having and then I send their food down with Dan to work the next day for them to eat it for dinner.  It's been kinda fun so far this week - I sent Sandi a list of dinners we make so she can pick stuff she wants.  So far so good!  

This week was a regular busy week.  We had cross country and school and seminary in the mornings. David and I had some fun - he's been really excited about books lately, so we've been reading books together.  

Wednesday during the day, I had to head down to Allen to run some errands, so I met up with Dan for lunch after David's morning nap, then I went and got some shoes for choir and a bit of more fall-ish clothes for David - we still have hot days, but overall the weather is getting cooler.  

Our evenings are same as usual - Tuesday is Institute, Wednesday is youth activities and Thursday is choir.  

Friday was my birthday and it was wonderful!  Dan took the day off work to spend the day with me.  I mostly just wanted to be lazy around the house, so we played games and ate a yummy lunch, and I crocheted.  Dan gave me some amazing gifts, and made me a VERY yummy dinner of Chicken Tiki Masala and a yummy chocolate cake.  The kids were sweet and we had a fun evening together.  After the younger kids went to bed, we played Dominion with Aaron and Anna and Eileen.  Then when Aaron went to bed, I watched "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" with the girls.  It was a wonderful day!!  

Saturday morning, Anna had her first Cross Country meet.  She did a great job, but had some trouble with cramps by the end - she was so tough and kept going until the end though!  She was EXHAUSTED for the rest of the day.  We sent her to take a nap when we found her falling asleep at the table while eating lunch...  We didn't see her again until dinner time.  After dinner, we had some friends over for games and cake and ice cream.  (we had to find some way to finish off all the cake we have floating around with two birthdays this week!)  We had a fun time chatting and playing Scattergories!  


Today was Evelyn's 9th birthday.  I am so blessed to have this fun and spunky little girl in my life!  She does so much to help our family out!!  She wanted a Book of Mormon cake this year, so Anna made and decorated her cake for her.  Anna did an amazing job!  Around the outside it said "Happy Birthday Evelyn" and "9 years old."  Our Sabbath day was wonderful.  We did Evelyn's cake and ice cream and presents after lunch and she loved her presents.  Then after church, she got her birthday dinner - she wanted muffins, so we made lots of muffins.  :) 



Dan and I closed off the evening with a game of Phase 10 - but we had either totally forgotten the rules, they changed the rules, or we'd been playing wrong, because it was different in some ways that I remembered it...  maybe it's just been too long since we played...

No comments: