Sunday, July 1, 2018

Two Birthdays and No More Cast!!!

We've had an eventful week!  Monday was the usual - Anna had her sports camp in the morning.  Then after, we headed down to meet grandpa at his church building so she could practice volleyball with him.  Other than that, Monday was a day for laundry, and grocery shopping and Family Home Evening.  We had a simple activity that involved eating pie... :) 

On Tuesday, David turned 1 year old.  I can't believe it's been a year already - he's so big and so funny and so full of personality!  He loves his older siblings, he loves to play and explore and eat (as long as it's what he wants) and he hates to sleep....  Anna had her sport camp in the morning again, and she rode her bike home from it so that I could go get my hair cut.  I headed down with David and met my mom who watched David while I got my hair cut, then I headed home.  In the evening, we had my mom over for a little birthday dinner and party for David and Anna.  Anna chose spaghetti for her dinner and Angel Food Cake for her cake.  David loved his first taste of cake and we had a fun evening together.  After scriptures and prayers, I headed over to the church for Institute. 





Wednesday was Anna's birthday.  She had her sports camp in the morning and rode her bike home again so that I could take Eileen to her appointment.  She went in to the Orthopedist to have her cast removed!!!  She has been so excited about it ever since.  Every day is some new moment where she is glad to have the cast off.  Everything from "Mom!  I can open doors again by myself!"  to "I get to swim again!!!"   In the evening, Anna got to go to her first Young Women's activity - and she and Eileen were equally excited because they were going swimming and Eileen could swim again.  

Thursday morning Anna had to miss her sport camp to go to her yearly check up.  We had her and David scheduled at the same time.  I really hate paperwork....  I hope we don't move again just so I don't have to do all the paperwork for new schools and new doctors and such again....  After, I took the younger kids down to Grandma's house and Dan, Eileen, Anna and I went to the temple.  We went and did baptisms and confirmations.  It was so wonderful to be there with my two amazing and beautiful daughters!!


Friday morning we took it a bit easy,  I wasn't feeling well, so I went in to the doctor (ugh...more paperwork) but they weren't very helpful - they said come back on Monday if you still feel bad and we will do blood work...  after the appointment, we met some friends from our ward at their pool for fun with friends and swimming. 

Saturday, Anna had a couple friends over for a little birthday party - we had hamburgers for lunch and then went swimming.  We all had a fun time.  I was a bit dumb and got distracted during putting on sunscreen and never got Dan to put any on my back, so now my back is red... but at least the rest of me is fine.  :) 


Church today was wonderful.  We had a wonderful fast Sunday.  Evie was so sweet - she fasted the whole two meals and told me when I asked her what she was fasting for that she was fasting that I would feel better.  She's such a sweet, fun and spunky little girl! 

No comments: