Sunday, June 17, 2018

Long Quiet Week

This week has been fairly slow - Evie and James spent so much time fighting on Tuesday that I told them that they couldn't go to the pool all week.  In addition to all the fighting with each other, they wrote all over the walls while on time out and made lots of bad choices....  Monday was a normal day of laundry and grocery shopping and such.  Tuesday night I got to go to institute and had a great time.  Wednesday was abnormally quiet since we didn't have cub scouts, activity days or young women's.  So we had a nice fun evening at home together.  Thursday, Eileen and Anna went down to Dan's office to help stuff envelopes - they did a great job and earned some money doing it.  Anna was very excited about having earned money and she knew what she wanted to get, so after dinner on Friday, she and i took David and had a nice walk down to Walmart so she could get a new coloring book and coloring pencils.  It was a bit hot though, so we stopped and got a bit of ice cream on our way back :)  



Aaron and grandpa seem to be having a great time - we get picture updates, but not much else.


Saturday was busy.  Cub scouts had their day camp and I felt as cub master that I should be there helping out, even though Aaron wasn't there.  The boys all seemed to have a great time.  I got to shoot a bb gun and paddle a canoe and though it was hot - it was fun.  I came home rather exhausted though!  I took a bath that night before heading to bed earlier than usual so I could get up in the morning to make Dan a father's day breakfast. 

Father's day was nice - I made biscuit breakfast for Dan and gave him his gifts (another Dominion Expansion Pack)  The primary sang for the fathers - but they hadn't had much time to learn the song, so most of the kids didn't really know the words - Evie wrote them in her notebook and took them up with her and looked at them the whole time.  It was really cute though.  There was also a beautiful musical number after - plus David fell asleep during third hour, so I actually got to listen to the whole wonderful lesson!  So all in all church was wonderful.  After, we had a family from the ward over for dinner and games - they made crepes for us and we played Dominion while the kids played "We didn't playtest this at all"  which is a fun and silly game that the West's sent us! 

I got my official letter from DMCO and I've been accepted to sing with them for the upcoming season!  I'm so excited! 

No comments: