Sunday, March 4, 2018

San Diego and Texas

This week was a bit busy - Dan left really early Monday morning to go to San Diego with Sandi and Jon for a conference.  We kept their dog Griz here with us while they were away.  Other than that Monday was the usual school and laundry and such.  David slept really well, but since I was folding laundry and helping a sick Evie, I didn't get to enjoy much of it. 


Wednesday was a normal-ish day, until I tried a shortcut to getting to the middle school and got stuck in the mud....  Thankfully a kind person stopped to help - but I felt like a total idiot...  Thankfully the girls had cell phones and so I was able to communicate with them to let them know why I wasn't there to pick them up when they got out.  And to add injury to insult - I was stuck in mud right next to a fire ant nest and ended up with ant stings all over me....   After, we headed to the ward February Feast for pizza and celebration.  The kids mostly had a fun time and we got to enjoy getting to know people in the ward a bit better. 

Dan was supposed to get in Wednesday evening, but weather delays forced their plane down to Austin, so they didn't get in until 3 AM - so between lack of sleep and our both having a bit of a cold, we were a bit tired the next day. 

Friday, I met Dan for lunch, and we had a nice time together, but on the way home I realized I'd forgotten a meeting with a gal from church about cub scouts...  But I remembered to pick up the pinewood derby cars!  :)  In the evening, we got together with a couple from our ward for dinner and dessert and games after.  It was a really fun evening! 

Saturday, Dan and Anna went early to run a 5K together down in Allen.  They had a great time together.  She got 9th in her age group and Dan got 12th. 


After, David was supposed to be napping, but wouldn't sleep so Dan tried taking him for a walk - He and Evie and James went on a walk and had a fun time together.  Weather was perfect for being outside! 


Sunday was wonderful!  In the morning, Anna was reading scriptures to David.  The kids decided to fast for Grandma Penny.  It was really sweet and they did a great job fasting!  Aaron and Anna even fasted for both meals!  Church was wonderful and we had a nice evening together.  

No comments: