Sunday, August 13, 2017

Back to School

Monday, as usual was laundry and grocery shopping and of course we had fun playing with Sandi and Kai!  We had the sister missionaries over for dinner - it's so fun to have the missionaries in our house!  

Tuesday morning, Eileen and Anna started their first day of school, then I headed off with James for my 6 week check up which went well.  Then I met up with Sandi and the kids at the park.  After some bloody drama with a couple cut feet, we headed home, then I took Aaron to the Orthodontist to get him a couple more brackets on his teeth.  He now has top and bottom brackets.  




After, I got Aaron and I some lunch, then took him home where the kids watched the BFG with Aunt Sandi since Kai had hurt her foot again and needed to stay off it!!  I went to pick up Eileen and Anna from school and we went to the swim team and track team meeting, then Dan and I spent some time in the evening running some errands to get them ready for sports.  That night Sandi and Kai headed back to Texas, but it was a blast having them here!  

Wednesday, the younger kids and I met up with Becca at the park for a playdate and had fun chatting and playing.  Then Becca came back to our house to play some more and have lunch with us!  When we got home, Dan had just gotten home - he was feeling sick and needed to sleep to recover.  Anna had her first day of Track and came home tired and with sore legs.  Then in the evening, I had choir, and Eileen and Dan had mutual.  

Thursday, was Evie and Aaron's first day of school, plus, James had some back to school stuff to do, then Dan came home and rested, still not feeling quite up to normal.  Eileen had swimming after school.  They got two new coaches this year since Gabby moved and I am not able to deal with coaching with a brand new baby and kids at two different schools and in two different sports!  In the evening, Aaron had cub scouts.  



Friday, was a busy day - James and I went in to his school to meet his teacher and after school included all the running around that comes with picking up Evie and Aaron and Eileen, dropping off Eileen at swim, picking up Anna from track and then Dan picked up Eileen from swimming.  Then we got dinner done before dropping Anna off at Activity Days.

Saturday was even busier.  Eileen had flute in the morning, Dan took the primary age kids to the ward primary temple trip.  Eileen and I got a couple quiet hours while the kids were at the temple, then they came home and we got some stuff done around the house before heading to a fun kids event at Crit Castle games.  Eileen's friend had asked her to come - so we all headed over for a bit to play games and have fun.  The kids loved it and now want a ton of new games.  After, we headed home to can peaches.  Sister West came over to help us and learn how.  It actually went pretty quickly.  Then we had a yummy dinner of chicken soup and had some fun chatting and playing together.

Sunday was busy too - church of course was great - but Dan managed to give me his cold, so I woke up rather groggy and stuffy today.  After church, I had some leftover chicken noodle soup before taking a nap.  Then I headed to ward choir which went great!  Following that was Stake choir which was also great and finally back home to have dinner and have fun with Becca.  Natasha and Eldon were going to come too, but she wasn't feeling good.  :(  Dan and I played some games with Eileen before sending her to bed and now - I'm going to go crash!

No comments: