This week has been busy as usual. Monday was the normal laundry and shopping. Eileen actually came with me for the grocery shopping this week, which was kinda fun. The missionaries came over for dinner - but Anna and I had to sneak out early to take Anna to the school Cultural Fair where she was singing with her school choir. She did a great job and the fair was a lot of fun to see. Plus it led to some fun discussions with Anna about her ancestry and where they come from.
Tuesday, preschool was at our house. We did an outer space day. We sang space songs, read space books and make astronaut pudding - which the kids loved. All in all - it went well! After school, Aaron had an orthodontist appointment - which was good since he had broken the wire on his braces just a couple days before. He did great and things are looking good so far! It was Stake Temple night - but due to feminine issues we had to put off baptisms until later in the week. So Dan and I went in the evening to do a session. It was wonderful to go and to see some Stake friends there too.
Wednesday was the usual craziness. Late start for the kids, then James and I made a Costco trip, knowing that we needed to at some point and we wouldn't have much time later. After school was the usual, then in the evening, choir and youth activities. At least my super-fix-it-husband was able to get his car going again.
Thursday, we did our preschool field trip to DMNS. The kids had a great time. They loved out space area after our fun Space lessons, then they had fun looking at the dinosaurs and in the discovery zone. At that point - it was about lunch time, and I was exhausted!!!! So we headed home! In the evening, Aaron had cub scouts and Anna had her 5th grade music program.
She had a lot of fun playing her recorder and her Ukelele and showing me all her favorite parts of music. We even got to play on a cello and violin.
Friday was mostly just James and me running errands in the morning. I needed to get my allergy shot and then we had to run by Stapleton Pediatrics to get a form signed by the doctor. After school, Eileen and Dan went down to the temple so Eileen could do baptisms. On the way home they stopped at Ikea for loft beds for the boys. In the evening, we got the kids fed, then Dan and I went on a little dinner date!
Saturday was piano and organ lessons (no flute this week) and then an afternoon of cleaning up around the house, and building loft beds for the boys. Dan and I made a goodwill trip and were excited to find 99 cent jean days so we stocked up for a couple of the kids needing more pants and/or shorts. Then in the evening, we got pizza and did a pizza and movie night. We all watched Moana together and had a great time!
Today was wonderful. The talks were awesome, I think my lesson went pretty well and Eileen gave her first lesson in young women's. She did a great job and didn't panic too much. I think she is really glad it's over - but she really did a great job! After church, I rested and the kids played, then Eileen and Anna and I went to stake choir. Dan did home teaching then we had a quick dinner before Dan and Eileen headed off to a youth fireside. When they got home, Eileen and Dan and I played a little game of Dominion before sending Eileen to bed - now it's my turn!
No comments:
Post a Comment