Sunday, January 1, 2017

And A Happy New Year

We have had a fun week here.  Monday was spent playing and cleaning up and playing some more.  Then we did some laundry and grocery shopping.  But mostly we took it easy.  

Early Tuesday morning, I had a doctor's appointment.  I went in for another check up on the baby and got to hear the heart beat again, then Dan, Eileen, Dad and I went to the temple together.  I got to watch my dad do baptisms for the dead with his oldest granddaughter and hear him get teary part way through.  It was such a special moment!  After we stopped for lunch at Qudoba together.  Most of the rest of the day was spent playing and being together.  Dan went into work for a bit, but mostly we just enjoyed our last day with Grandpa and Grandma.  This is what our play room has mostly looked like this week.  Despite numerous efforts to try to convince the kids to clean it up....  In the afternoon, we left Eileen to babysit and my parents and Dan and I went to see Rogue One at the theater.  I'd forgotten just how busy the theaters can be right after Christmas when all the kids are out of school, but we still had a great time and the movie was great!


Wednesday morning, my parent headed home to Texas and the kids played and had fun while I tried (unsuccessfully) to convince them that they should clean up so we could go to skate city this week.  They didn't, but they had fun.  I also spent a little time getting a couple errands run.  

Thursday morning, the kids had piano lessons and after they stayed for lunch and playing so Evie could have a play date with her friend Rose.  Then in the afternoon, back to me suggesting that they clean and them ignoring me.  

Friday I met Dan for lunch, we went and tried out a new Mexican place that was really good.  Then Dan went back to work for another hour or so before heading home to play with us!  He also ran some errands (including getting more oranges from Costco so we can have our orange smoothies every day.) :)   Friday night, Dan went to bed early (he's been a bit under the weather) and Eileen and Anna and I stayed up and did a pretend it's new years night up.  We stayed up late and did a puzzle and drank sparkling cider and started watching a movie, but then had internet issues, so we switched to an audio book. 

Saturday got down to the business of getting the house cleaned up.  The kids are hoping to get to go to Skate City on Monday and we spent some time helping the kids get their rooms clean and organized after Christmas.  We have had issues with Evie and James stealing candy from siblings and from parents - especially with the Christmas candy lying about, so we had a long talk about that and about having to make reparations.  

Sunday was wonderful.  We have church at 9 am this year.  Dan gave a talk today - and both the Sacrament meeting talks were wonderful.  I got new students in my Sunday School class with the new year which is always exciting.  Relief Society was wonderful - we have a new theme this year about walking with Christ and a wonderful discussion on it during class.  Then the best part of early church is that we had lots of time after for naps, and playing games together having fun together.  In the evening, Eileen played some games with us while Anna bounced around.  

No comments: