Well the kids had the whole week off and thankfully we had good weather all week so we could have fun playing outside! We started out Monday going to the DMNS. I took the kids to the robot exhibit and they had a blast! It was really pretty cool, but my favorite part was that it was all in one room so I could let the kids check out the whole thing and stay with James while still keeping an eye on all the others. Eileen's favorite was the vacuum cleaning robot.... :)
Dan wasn't feeling well that night so I sent him to bed while I did the grocery shopping and finished folding the laundry. Got to bed a bit late (early) but it was survive-able and Dan felt a lot better the next day.
Tuesday, we went to the zoo. The kids had tons of fun. They forgot the lunches though, so we had a rather expensive zoo lunch. We ran into the Haight's there and had fun chatting with them for a bit and hung out with them for a little while, but then the kids wanted to go back to the reptiles and fish area and the sea lion show.
In the evening, Julie came over to babysit while Dan and I headed down to the temple. We did sealings and it was wonderful. It really felt like the right place to be. We were able to help some people get a lot of family names done and got some done ourselves.
Wednesday, we took it a bit easy - I was a bit tired out! And the kids just enjoyed the back yard for the day. In the evening, the girls had Activity Days, Dan had Young Men and I had choir.
Thursday and Friday, Eileen had her STEM camp at Buckly AFB. She had a BLAST! She loved it and really wants to go again next year. Anna, Aaron and Evie had piano lessons on Thursday in the morning and we tried the library in the afternoon.
Friday the younger kids and I packed lunches and headed to the park on our bikes. James rode in the bike trailer. We tried to bring Koopa, but he didn't like the bike trailer, so I ended up carrying him and he didn't much like it. The kids had a ton of fun at the park and made some friends and got all their wiggles out. We headed home in time to Eileen to get back and had a fun evening together.
Saturday was the start of General Conference. We had a great day being uplifted and encouraged and taught. The kids were great! Becca came over shortly after Dan left for priesthood and then we hung out and played some games while the guys were gone, then when they got back we had dessert and played another game together.
Sunday was just as wonderful as Saturday. Evie's primary teacher (and favorite person) came over to watch the morning session with us. After 8 hours of conference, the kids did amazingly well, then Dan took them all outside for a fun evening of playing in the sun after dinner. They played catch and it was really funny to watch and listen. Then since the kids have Monday off, Eileen got to stay up and play a game with us again. :) Now we need to go to bed - and I really need this pain in my back to go away!!
No comments:
Post a Comment