This weeks collection of pictures is mostly a hodge podge of fun stuff from our week together.
Monday morning, Dan headed back into work - he had a project that needed doing and it kept him busy for most of the week. Thankfully he got Thursday and Friday off for the holiday. Tuesday morning, I had a doctors appointment - Dan hung around to watch the kids until I got back. I was having a second ultrasound, only to find out that there was no heart beat and no growth since the last one. This is my 3rd known miscarriage in a year and a half. Got another appointment tomorrow to try and figure out what is going on.
Wednesday was a normal everyday, hangout and go try and convince the kids to play outside and enjoy the sunny (if not exactly warm) days. Wednesday night, Dan took Aaron out to spend his gift card on the new Skylanders game. He has wanted to play it every minute since.... Dan took Evie and James and Eileen out on Thursday and after, I took Anna to Michael's where she got a grownup coloring book and nice colored pencils, plus a sand bottle craft kit. Dan took some time to put up some shelves in the girls rooms under their beds. Eileen and Anna both have some stuff that they don't want shared around and they need someplace to keep it. Dan let them have fun painting them shelves - mommy just tried to keep James out of the acrylic paints.... Aaron's friend Isaac came over on Thursday morning, and the boys spent the whole time playing Skylanders and having a blast together.
Thursday night, we let Eileen stay up with us to celebrate the new year, we ate pie, drank sparkling cider, did a puzzle (well I did the puzzle, Eileen got distracted by the movie) watched "The Princess Bride" and then played a game of 7 Wonders. (picture below is my piece of pie after Dan got done putting whipped cream on it.... no I did not eat all of the whipped cream.)
Friday we tried to go to the museum with the kids, but it was so packed that we gave up and just went and played in the snow and threw snowballs at each other instead. In the evening, Dan's brother Steve came by. He had dropped his oldest daughter at the airport and wanted to wait in town to make sure she got off ok, so he came and had dinner with us and played a game of Dominion and creamed Dan and I.
Saturday was mostly spent cleaning. The kids HAD to clean up their bathrooms to get ready for guests next week and I spent some time cleaning and organizing the craft room and working through a few clothes and stuffed animal repairs to get it ready for family coming into town on Monday.
Church today was wonderful! Eileen and Anna chose to fast with us for President Monson and they were so amazing to watch their faithfulness even though they were really hungry! After church, Aaron had his baptism interview. I can't believe he's getting baptized in just 1 week! I put some fun glow sticks in the kids stockings and tonight the kids had fun breaking them and running around in the dark basement.
Here's Eileen and Evie with their glow glasses
Aaron being a robot.
James throwing a tantrum (probably because I said no to something or other)
And the only pic I managed to get of Anna while we were out playing in the snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment