Monday was Labor day and since the kids had the day off school and Dan had the day off work, we all decided to take a trip down to Garden of the Gods for the day. We started out at the visitors center and enjoyed walking around the exhibits. Then we drove around to find a picnic spot and sat down for lunch. After lunch, we spent a couple hours hiking around and enjoying the beautiful scenery and each other's company. I had fun taking pictures and the kids all had tons of fun posing for me. We even managed to get someone to take a picture for us so we could all be in a picture together.
We had fun talking together and got some good hiking in - the weather was perfect - warm but not sweltering. We stopped in the gift shop and got a little family souvenir and a bit of fudge to share for a treat after FHE. It was a little crowded, but miraculously, we never had problems finding a parking spot - we always seemed to arrive with just one spot left, or someone just leaving - so we got to enjoy it all with low stress.
Tuesday, we had preschool here since Christina's youngest was a bit under the weather. We all had fun together - the kids wanted to spend the whole time playing outside though and didn't want to stop to come back in for more preschool :) Anna had her second trumpet lesson - she's improving each week. The kids all love getting to play on the playground while she's at lessons.
Wednesday James and I went to the library with Nicole and Tayanna. We all had a great time together. In the afternoon, I mowed the lawn and in the evening I had choir - we got some new music!
Thursday, preschool was back at Christina's. Instead of driving all the way home, I just hung out in the area and got some stuff done in the car so I didn't have to drive all the way home and all the way back. Then afterschool, the kids had piano lessons.
Friday was mostly just James and I taking it easy during the day. After school, we just played and cleaned up. Valerie came over and watched the kids for a couple hours. Dan and I went and helped set up chairs for Stake Conference, then we got a Jamba Juice and walked around Barnes and Noble for a bit. Finally we stopped for some groceries and then went home, dropped Val off and made treats. :)
Saturday we spent most of the day cleaning the house. We invited people to come to our house for deserts after. We also had Anaiya, Riley and Tayanna over to play to keep them out of Dwayne and Nicole's hair while they were moving to their new house! Dan spent some time helping them move the big stuff, then I brought them the kids and dinner. Their new house is beautiful and is going to be perfect for them! Then in the evening, Mallory came and babysat the kids so that we could go to Stake Conference. I was leading the music, so we needed to be there a bit early. Only the Johnson's ended up eating dessert with us (and that's partially because we held their daughter hostage and wouldn't let them take her home until that ate some) but we still had a great time chatting with them.
Stake Conference today was wonderful. We walked and the weather was beautiful. The music went well and the talks were wonderful. James and I spent at least half of it in the foyer because he refused to sit still on the stand, and he wouldn't sit with Dan in the pews at all. After church, James and I took naps and the kids and Dan played quietly for a bit. Then after dinner, we all enjoyed the weather and played outside - acting out fairy tales - I got to be a little piggy, red riding hood's mother and Hansel and Gretel's Evil Stepmother. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment