This week has been crazy. I've been trying to get everything ready for girls camp next week. Tuesday evening, I was out collecting supplies, Wednesday evening, I was at mutual helping with camp certification, Thursday, we were going through supplies that we have and trying to see what we were still missing. I've also had to try and get yard work, doctors appointments and stuff done before I go too - but didn't manage some of it because of the holiday.
This week was a rough week especially for Eileen. One of our chickens died. Eileen has always been very sensitive and caring when it comes to animals and she was heart broken. Dan dug the chicken a little grave, and let the kids all say good bye. Some of them even wrote good bye cards. Anna's was very sweet and all about God having a plan for everything and that she was sure our chicken was happy in heaven. We found Evie and James trying to dig the chicken up later that day so that she could come back alive. We obviously didn't explain this well....
The next day, Eileen came in panicking that the other chickens were going to die too, so Dan spent his day doing a major overhaul of the chicken coop which had become infested with bugs. The chickens seem to be doing better and we have learned some lessons about chicken care.
Part of the overhaul included painting over the untreated wood that wasn't infested to keep it from becoming infested. The kids (especially James) had fun painting - though I think James got as much paint on himself as he did on the wood.
We were also finding the bugs in the house, so we did a vacuum of the furniture, and shampooed the rugs (well - Dan did this while I was outside mowing the lawn.)
Saturday, we went to our ward's 4th of July Pancake Breakfast. We had lots of fun, weather was beautiful, so we rode our bikes over - unfortunately one of Aaron's tires blew while we were there, but we all had fun enjoying good company, good food and good weather.
Saturday evening, we had Jeremiah and Becca over again for dinner, games, fireworks and a movie. The kids loved getting to watch some fireworks outside our house and the grownups all had fun watching "The Three Amigos" after. Becca had fun beating us all at the game... again.... :)
Today was wonderful but crazy. We had a wonderful fast and testimony meeting, a wonderful Sunday school and a wonderful Relief Society lesson. After church, I spent a lot of time trying to nail down just how many girls I will actually have with me at camp this year.... My visiting teachers came over for a bit which was nice. After dinner, we talked with Dan's parents on the phone then we put the younger kids to bed and Dan and I played Killer Bunnies with Eileen.
No comments:
Post a Comment