Sunday, December 14, 2014

Holiday Fun

The weather this week has been just gorgeous!  We have spent most of the week outside - going on walks, bike rides, and just playing in the backyard.  We had the TAPS worker come over this week - James had her wrapped around his cute fingers.  She was happy with how things are going for us and told our case worker that she didn't feel she was necessary.  

James and I had lots of fun taking walks around the block.  Also, there were some workmen in the street, tearing up the street and working on a pipe.  James just loved staring out the window and watching the trucks do their thing.  

Wednesday we had fun at the library as usual - James usually just wants to sit in my lap and have me read to him - but he's slowly starting to participate and enjoy the story time too.  


Thursday was the normal piano lessons and stuff.  Rose came over with Sister Hendrickson, which made James happy.  He  loves playing with her.

Friday was my final Christmas concert with the Chorale - I brought Anna and Eileen with me.  They both seemed to really enjoy the concert and did a really good job behaving.  After, I took them to Chili's for a Molten Chocolate Cake.  They liked it :)  Alot..... :)  I think they would have used their fingers to clean the plate if I would have let them.


Unfortunately, keeping Anna out that late made her a bit cranky the next day.  Dan and I went to the temple in the morning to be there when my friend's son was sealed to her and her husband.  Tina watched the kids for us, then we picked them up and headed home for lunch, cleaning, online Christmas shopping, cooking food and then heading out to the Christmas party.  The party was a lot of fun - fun hanging out with friends, great food and the kids had a blast with their friends.

Sunday, church was really nice, but James was cranky!!!  I did a musical number today, I think it went well and James even sat quietly for the whole thing, but that was the high point for him.  Tina came over in the evening to watch the kids so Dan and I could go to his company Christmas Party.  It was fun chatting with his co-workers. It's really a great bunch of people.

No comments: