Sunday, November 23, 2014

Relief

After a crazy Monday full of grocery shopping, dentist visits and laundry, we got up early Tuesday to meet with Amber after we dropped the kids off at school.  Tina came to sit in on the meeting and help out.  We got things altered some so that we can start actually being parents to our kids again, instead of just helping others do it for us.  I reveled in the pleasure of it by taking James to my Allergy Shot with out Grandma having to tag along.  It's amazing what you take for granted, and what you miss when it's gone.  It's been nice to be able to take the older ones out for some one-on-one time too.  I've been able to go bike riding with Eileen, take James and Evie for walks around the block, and take Aaron to get a birthday present for a party he was invited to.

Having Grandma around has meant that I could put James down for a nap and still pick up the kids from school.  Choir was fun - always nice to get out and get time to sing, and I'm grateful to now have an assistant section leader to help out.

Last night, Dan and I took advantage of our in house baby sitter to go out to a movie with Newel and Becky.  We saw "Interstellar" and had a great time together.

My Grandpa is doing a Christmas Carol Sing at his Retirement Home and thought the kids might be able to do something this year.  I talked to their Piano teacher, Stephanie, about helping them get some music ready for it.  Today after church, Anna started playing Away in A Manger, and Eileen started playing the flute along with her!!   It was so fun to watch them make beautiful music together!


While they did that, Daddy and the younger three made beautiful cookies together.


Our ward choir performed today, and I think it went really well!  Bonnie is doing such a good job taking over and she is so willing to serve and to try and be what the Lord needs her to be!  I've been worrying about getting the Christmas Program ready and I think I'm finally starting to pull things together.  

I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving - this month has just whizzed by.  But the kids only have 2 more days of school, my Dad gets into town on Wednesday and then Thanksgiving.  

No comments: