Bright and early Monday morning, we loaded up the car and headed back to Colorado. The trip was nice and easy - the kids were great and we arrived back in good time.
We've spent most of the week recovering. We came back to an empty fridge and lots of dirty clothes and a yard in desperate need of attention. So I spent Tuesday doing laundry and working in the yard.
Eileen and I decided to work on some crochet animals together - she has been working on a knit one with Grandma - but I'm not much good at knitting, so I'm not much help when she makes mistakes. So I told her she could pick a crochet one to make and I'd make it with her and help her out. So together we made these! They sure came out cute! Now we are working on penguins!
Friday, I told the kids that if the basement and school room were clean and they finished piano practicing, then we could go to the museum. The kids have been very excited to check out the new Discovery Zone. They had a blast - we stayed there the whole time - and the kids were still sorry to leave - lots of fun things to explore and learn with.
Saturday, Dan went to work pulling out a stump that he's been working on for a while. I was a stubborn one with lots of roots from other trees around it. He finally managed to get the stump out - and was too tired and sore to fill in the hole. He came inside to get water and rest for a bit - a little while later, we peeked outside and found Aaron doing the job for him - Such a sweet helpful boy! He stayed out there at least half an hour helping daddy fill in the hole!
Church today was awesome. The ward choir sang today - and they did a great job! There is so much talent in our ward!! There were also some awesome talks - Our high council speaker talked about making Gratitude not just about being thankful for THINGS - but about having an attitude of gratitude. Choosing to be grateful and happy - not just because you have things to be grateful for or happy about - but because it's a state of mind that we choose to always have.
Now we are trying to prepare to leave again - we are heading out to Idaho for the Jones Family reunion early Wednesday!


No comments:
Post a Comment