....to bring her camera anywhere this week. Yep - we had lots of fun - went lots of fun places - and I forgot my camera every time..... sigh...
Monday we headed off (I did manage to bring my camera to Texas though) So here we are packed into the car and ready to go! The drive went well. It was nice having my mom to help out - especially at rest stops! We started early and made good time and got in at a reasonable hour!
We spent most of the first 2 days getting settled and playing in the pool (and getting a bit sun burnt despite putting sunscreen on since we were out there for 4 hours!!!)
Wednesday, the Tolberts came over and hung out with us most of the day - the Lori and I went out to dinner together after I got the kids to bed. It was so nice to see her and the kids - and hopefully they will stop in and hang out with us for a few days on their way back to Texas from Utah.
Thursday morning, we went out hiking - had a lot of fun walking around and the kids had fun getting wet. James and Eileen were the only ones who stayed mostly dry. After a morning of walking, we headed back for lunch, then spent the afternoon in the pool.
Friday, we headed to a place called Kid Mania and the kids had a blast running around and goofing off. Taz and Anna ran amok together and Taz is calling Anna his best friend again. James just wandered the whole climbing area himself - he especially loved the slide. We went and put James and Kai down for naps - then Sandi and I took the older kids out on the boat
We forgot the tube, but the kids still had fun swimming. Sandi and I had some fun wakeboarding - but it was windy, and a bit choppy. Eileen tried waterskiing and did a great job - but when she fell, she forgot to let go and had a bit of a scary experience. Scared us all a bit - but otherwise she did great.
Saturday was mostly a hang out and swim kind of day - when Sandi came to pick up Taz and Kai after work, we all went with her to her house and checked out the big 4th of July party put on by her town near her house. Then came back to her place for dinner.
Sunday, we went to Sandi's ward and she and I sang a musical number - then Sandi asked if I wanted to just come and help out in nursery - so I did and we all had a blast playing and singing songs!
Next week is going to be rather crazy - but Dan gets in Tuesday - so all is well!




No comments:
Post a Comment