We've had a fun week - at least we did once everyone got healthy again. Eileen was home sick for a day and a half but thankfully got well just in time for "Immersion" a fun couple of days at school where they get to pick a fun subject and study it for a couple days with kids from all different grades. Aaron was home sick on Monday and James was iffy for a couple days - but we seem to have finally beat the sickies.... Eileen spent most of her days at home reading and resting - she is happy for hours with a book - I had to twist her arm to do anything else.
One of the other things i had to twist her arm into doing was her science project.... sigh... she and I are going to have to have a long talk before her next science project about how to to science projects.... Or maybe I'll just have grandpa come out here and help her.... :)
This pic is just in here because it's so darn cute!!!!
Saturday evening, our ward Young Women hosted a grown-up prom. They set up a fancy dinner and dancing and pictures and fun - lol - we haven't gotten our pictures yet - but i'll post them when I do - until they you'll have to be satisfied with a pic of the friends we doubled with - Dwayne and Nicole. We had a blast goofing off and turning it into everything i remember church dances being when i was a teenage - except I got to have a guaranteed cute dance partner for every slow song! Now we are recovering - lol - i'm a bit out of shape for dancing all night (or even just until 9:30....)
Today was a kinda momentous occasion for me - I have looked forward to getting to sing with my kids since the day Eileen was born. Today for Mother's Day, Eileen and I sang a musical number at church. Anna was supposed to sing too, but she grumped out at the last minute. But it was still a wonderful occasion - It was wonderful to sing with my beautiful and talented daughter!

No comments:
Post a Comment