Monday was a day of total insanity - trying to get everything ready to go. Bright and early Tuesday morning, I headed to the air port for a VERY long trip. A 4 hour trip to Toronto - a 6 hour layover followed by a very long trip to Paris. I got in in time for lunch with Dan. I took a nap, went out to dinner with Dan and then went to bed. By the next morning - I was ready to explore Paris! I spent the next couple days exploring - I went to the Jardin de l'Acclamation, walked along the Champs Elyse - just window shopping. I spent a whole day at the Louvre. I went the the Opera House and the Sacre Coeur and Montmartre. Weather has been drizzly but nice. Each day has been spent by me enjoying one of my favorite cities in the world and each day has closed with dinner with my amazing husband!
Today, I took the metro and headed to church! I really enjoyed the bits I could understand - some amazing lessons and some amazing people. :). My French is very rusty, but it's slowly coming back bit by bit as I have made every attempt to use it. I'm rather proud of myself and my mostly successful attempts at communicating in a language that I haven't really used in 9 years at least. :).
Tomorrow, I get to show off the city that I love to others! Pictures to follow later since I'm not easily able to transfer pictures from my camera right now!
The kids are doing well with Aunt Tina - apparently only Eileen misses us though....
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment