Saturday, December 14, 2013

Holiday fun

It's been a fun and busy week. We had preschool here this week and had fun reading books and playing games and coloring. After preschool on Tuesday, I helped out one of the moms by watching her kids for a bit after preschool - when she came back to pick them up, she locked her keys in the car and had to hang out with me while she waited for her husband to come unlock it for her - I fed them lunch and as a thank you - she helped out with the pile of dishes that was the result of me forgetting to start the dishwasher the night before. Which meant that when Dan got back on Wednesday, the house was relatively clean.

Dan got back on Wednesday, just in time to make it to Eileen's concert - she has been singing with a choir at school and they had their first concert on Wednesday - she did such a good job - it was so much fun to watch her!
 

We have some good friends who are getting ready to move - I've been helping out with packing and cleaning as much as I can - on Friday, Taylee came over to spend the night and have one last sleepover - her mom was really sweet and provided some fun gingerbread stuff to decorate and the kids had a blast decorating and eating gingerbread men and trains.  And of course they had a blast just hanging out and being together.  


Saturday we went over to Grandpa's for some caroling - we walked around his retirement center and sang Christmas Carols - the kids had fun singing and enjoyed even more all the sweets that everyone was handing out.  :)  They also loved ringing the bells and making lots of noise....


After the caroling - I went to my concert and the kids went home.  The concert went really well and I really enjoyed singing with the group. 

Sunday night was Dan's company dinner - Dwayne and Nicole came with us and we had a lot of fun - I always have fun with Dwayne and Nicole and Newell and Becky - the food was really good too and we had a really nice time. 

No comments: