Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fun with animals

This week, we went to the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge - we drove up there and stopped by the visitors center and looked at the displays and checked out some binoculars.  Then we drove along the car scenic route where we got to look for animals and even got close to some bison - they were ambling across the road way and so we got to stop and watch them!  We had fun watching the deer and the different insects and lots of prarie dogs.  The kids had a lot of fun - we did a little bit of hiking, but it was kinda hot for that - so we headed back to the visitors center and found the discovery room which is a hands-on room for kids to explore, read, do crafts and play games.  It was a great little (free) trip!  



Anna had a little friends slumber party this weekend - the kids all got to decorate their own little cupcakes with candy and had fun making faces and making a mess!!


I can't help but laugh at this picture, every time I see it!  I can't imagine reading like this!!!  And while this is the oddest position I've found her in, it's not the only odd position she reads in....


James is becoming rather adventurous, he's figured out how to look out a window by himself, and spends more time climbing and getting into things than I would like - but despite this, most of his bumps and bruises come from collisions with older siblings whom he chases as fast as his little legs will allow!


We had some friends from church over for dinner tonight - after a great day at church and a fun choir practice, the girls and I had a nice walk home, a yummy dinner and fun with some great people!  My favorite part of the day happened during sacrament meeting though.  Evie was giving me kisses on one cheek and James thought it looked like fun, so he leaned over and gave me kisses on the other cheek - I had 2 cheeks full of sweet slobbery kisses from two adorable kids!  

No comments: