Wednesday, we went with Frankie and Tina to the Mammoths and Mastadon's exhibit at the Denver Museum of Natural History - the kids all had a fun time checking stuff out - though Evie had a bit of a problem with wandering off - I've never had this problem with her or any of the other kids before - so it was a new experience to have to keep eyes on her at all times.
James has discovered our book shelves - and decided that pulling books off of them is fun - that is frustrating - but sometimes, he just takes one of the books, lays or sits down and starts reading it to himself - he holds the book up, flips through pages and babbles to himself. It's so cute!!
Wednesday night, after choir, I was stretching out before bed and part way into a hamstring stretch, I felt sharp pains in my back. I stopped what I was doing and went to bed hoping that a day of taking it easy would solve the problem - however, by Thursday night - I was still in a lot of pain, so I called the doctor and set up an appointment for the next morning. The doctor things I strained my lumbar muscle and gave me some pain meds, muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory meds, and instructions to heat and then ice it. After two days of that - I think i'm starting to feel better - but then again - the pain meds are making me a bit loopy and mask the pain - and just when i think maybe it's really getting better, the pain meds wear off and I'm in pain again - hopefully this will get better quickly, since Dan leaves town next week for a few days. Thankfully my mom is in town to help while Dan is gone, and to help my Grandpa pack up and move. She drove in safely last night and is staying with Grandpa for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment