Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happy Birthday Aaron!

Aaron turned 5 this week.  I can't believe how big and smart and unique he is.  He loves lego's and building things - especially with Grandpa, and after getting 2 lego sets for Christmas and 1 for his birthday - Aaron and mommy spent 2 whole days building lego sets, and ended up with a police station, a fire department and a hospital.  We have a whole lego city now.  :) I neglected the house and a bunch of other things, but Aaron and I had fun.

Aaron wanted a truck cake - and daddy made him a very awesome truck cake for his birthday.  He got to go out for Ice Cream with Grandpa on his birthday.  When grandpa got there, i went down to get him and told him to go get dressed.  He poutingly asked why - and I said so you can go get ice cream, he continued to pout and not want to get dressed.  Then i told him that Grandpa was here to take him out for Ice Cream - his whole countenance changed and he ran to get dressed.  Grandpa got him his hospital lego set, Grandpa and Grandma Jones got him some pirate finger puppets, Grandma and Grandpa Cox got him some clothes (at mommy's request) and he also got some clothes from Grandma Penny.  Daddy got him Angry Birds on his iPad - Aaron LOVES angry birds, and the kids all eagerly watched him play before bed time.



On Friday Night - the kids cleaned up downstairs, then we watched Tarzan, after which, the kids had a glow stick party.  Dan pulled out some glow sticks for them - we turned off all the lights and the kids had a blast chasing each other around in the dark.


Saturday night, Dan and I got a baby sitter and we went up and met Newell and Becky and watched Les Mis.  I LOVE that musical, and the movie was done well enough that i really enjoyed it and I am now feeling a desire to pick up the unabridged version of the book that i got about half way through.

Today was a normal Sunday - fun but exhausting.  For some reason, Dan and I always end our Sundays totally exhausted and needing naps....

Oh and James got another tooth - he now has a grand total of 5 teeth - 2 on top, 3 on bottom.

No comments: