This weekend we kept ourselves rather busy too. I had concerts with the Colorado Mormon Chorale on Friday and Saturday. They went well - I always enjoy the time spent singing. I am so grateful for a husband who understands my need for music in my life and supports me by giving me up and watching the kids for rehearsals and concerts!
Saturday the kids had soccer in the morning - The teams coaches pick out someone from their team each week that they felt deserved a medal and this week both Aaron and Eileen got medals - Anna had gotten one two weeks ago - so here is a pic of our proud kiddos after a cold soccer morning and showing off their medals!
In the afternoon, Eileen had a birthday party - then after we went to hang out with Dwayne and Nicole and another MS friend. We had fun chatting and eating - then i went to go have fun singing. It's so fun having them live in this area!
At the Saturday concert I saw an old friend that I sang with in Texas who has recently moved to the area - it was fun to chat and catch up.
At the Saturday concert I saw an old friend that I sang with in Texas who has recently moved to the area - it was fun to chat and catch up.
Today - in addition to the usual insanity associated with Sundays, I also had a talk to give - I have only given a handful of talks in my married life - and I am perfectly content to keep it that way! However it went pretty well - I at least went over 5 minutes long and I don't think i spoke too fast.... After church and ward choir, we went over to the Whelan's house for dinner and dessert. I'm excited to get to be Jill's visiting teacher now - she's an awesome person and it's nice to make a friend that won't be moving any time soon. :) This was our last week of relative normalcy - after this begins all the insanity of the holidays and family and while part of me can't wait - the other part knows it's going to be an exhausting few months.... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment