I usually feed the kids lunch, then send them to the backyard or downstairs to play so I can eat in peace and quiet. On Wednesday, while I was eating lunch, Aaron and Evie decided that the nasty dirty water in their old plastic pool in the back yard was a good place to go swimming. After I finished lunch, I found them running around the back yard naked - totally naked. I told them to go put their clothes on and followed them and found this - them trying to put on totally soaking wet clothes - I changed my mind and sent them inside for dry clothes....
Saturday we spent most of the day cleaning up for a guest. Dan's cousin's husband is going to be working with Dan and so their family will be moving out here soon. He came out this week to check out the job and look at houses. It's been fun having him here so far and he will be here all next week too. The kids really like him and he's great with them. The spent half of Sacrament meeting climbing on him and making him draw pictures for them.
James has decided to start sleeping through the night. He will go to sleep around 9 and sleep until 7 or 8 the next morning. It has been wonderful and I really hope this continues through Dan's traveling - it would make my life much easier!
Evie has been wanting to hold and carry James - she saw Eileen doing it and thinks she can too - the only problem is that James is half her size and much more floppy than she thinks. She was trying to pick him up to bring him over to me earlier today and couldn't budge him - Dan who was going to get him helped her and they ended up carrying him to me like this.....
Eileen has been reading a lot of Magic Tree House books. She recently read one about the civil war and how the main characters met one of their ancestors who was in the civil war. She asked Dan if she had any ancestors who had fought in the civil war, so Dan called his mom who told her a bit about one, then set a letter to Eileen with some copies of letters he wrote and his journal along with a pedigree chart so she could see how she was related to him. She has been fascinated by this - she has had a hard time reading the old writing, but she loves looking at them and at the pedigree chart. It is so fun to watch her learn and get excited about history and about her genealogy.
Newell and Becky and family came over for dinner tonight. It was so much fun to have them over. The kids love playing with them and we enjoy their company. It was a fun evening of good food and better company!
Well one more week - then I will be losing my husband for the better part of the next 3 months... sigh... well at least we have some fun things planned too - so hopefully I won't go totally nuts.... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment