Sunday, March 13, 2011

Welcome Home Baby!!

That's right Dan is home and our family is whole again. I have learned some things in the last 2 weeks....

1. That I am less likely to be miserable with missing him if I keep myself busy.
2. I am better able to keep busy if I assign myself jobs.
3. The kids can be motivated into doing their chores with dry erase markers and treats.
4. The kids all want daddy desperately when he's gone, then want me when he comes back
5. Little girls need daddy's.
6. Little boys do too - even if they don't want to admit it.
7. The Lord will strengthen me - as long as I don't sit around moping. :)
8. When you least expect it - prayers are answered.
9. 2 weeks is WAY TOO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad was in town for a few days this week - the kids enjoyed seeing him - and I enjoyed having some adult conversation - he was working most of the time - but since we are a bit further away now - we will take whatever we can get. Plus his coming motivated me to get the spare room cleaned up - finally.

The kids were great this week - they did all their cleaning up and everything (with out too much fuss) and earned themselves a special occasion - with cookies, and a movies. Plus they got to mark off their done chores - which was a reward by itself. :)

Evie has a favorite book - it's a cookie monster book - and since it's only about 6 pages long - she actually sits still for the whole thing. I try and do a cookie monster voice when i read it to her - and I think that's her favorite part - because sometimes she will just pick up the book and walk around with it while making grumbly 'me want cookie' type noises - it's soo cute!! She is really starting to talk alot now. She can point to and name all her face parts, and has a few other words she uses regularly. She's a lot of fun when she isn't cranky because she misses daddy. :)

No comments: