Friday night the kids and I went down to Fort Worth to meet Dan (who was there for State BPA competition) We had a nice dinner, then headed home. About a half hour from home, I noticed that the gas light was on and I had no idea how long it had been on.... Thankfully - I was just coming to an exit - so I decided to turn off and fortunately there was a gas station on the exit. As I pulled in, I pushed the little button that gives an estimate of how much further you can go on that tank of gas.... it had passed the numbers and was now just on an asterisk.... So basically if there hadn't been an exit right there, with a gas station right on the exit, I would have been stranded on the toll way, late at night with no gas.... I am very grateful that someone was watching out for me that night!
Unfortunately they were not watching out for the bathroom floor. When I sent the kids in to brush their teeth, we discovered that the kids extravagant use of toilet paper had caused a back up - the floor was a huge puddle! EWWWWW!!!!!
The girls had a birthday party that they went to Saturday morning - they had a blast! The mother (a wonderfully talented friend of mine) had made matching skirts for all the girls to wear at the "Fancy Nancy" birthday party! So cute!! Grandpa and Grandma came over for dinner that night - I was so nice to have people entertaining my kids and keeping then from fussing/climbing all over me while I made dinner, ate dinner and cleaned up dinner. It was especially nice to have great company over since I'd been deprived of much adult company for the last 3 days.
Highlights this week....
Going to the park and letting the kids go crazy!

Aaron getting him self dressed and putting on one shirt on top and one shirt on the bottom....

Evelyn's new favorite thing to do... in fact I woke up to this coming through the monitor Saturday. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment