Sunday, September 6, 2009

Umm - Lazy mommy....

I have officially hit the "no energy" wall... I am now just grateful to be able finish the things that NEED to be done - let alone doing fun things with the kids.... So what did we do this week? Not much.... :) We had our usual playdate where my sweet friend Lori fed us a YUMMY lunch and we sat and chatted while the kids ran amok.

I had a doctors appointment (as usual) where I was told (as usual) that every thing is fine and normal and to hang in there! The kids love it because they get stickers, and then we go see Grandma after.

Basically I'm just glad that the house is not a TOTAL disaster and the laundry got done....

Friday night Dan planned a fun date for us (figuring those would be few and far between for a bit after the baby is born) with another teacher at his school and her husband. We were going to go see a Rough Riders game (minor league baseball) The other couple had a minor family emergency though and had to cancel. So Dan and I decided to go to the dollar theater and see a movie. We got there and the movie was sold out. (At this point my sweet wonderful hubby is feeling a bit like a loser for taking me on a lame date - which was entirely out of his control!) So we went to a near by mall and walked around for a bit. It actually felt kinda good to get moving some and the best part was deciding to stop at Brookstone and spend a minute or two (or 30) in the massage chairs. I walked away from that massage chair feeling better than I have felt in over a month! And I still do! I have been in less pain for the last couple of days that the whole month before this! I told Dan that I might have to sneak back down there again before the baby is born! It's just too bad that the chair is ridiculously expensive (even on sale) and wouldn't fit anywhere in our house and even if we did get it - it would probably get broken by the kids - or I would spend so much time in it that nothing would ever get done!

So that's about it for the week - now we are looking forward to a nice day with daddy tomorrow and counting down the days....

1 comment:

Elk Dresses said...

Boy, if you're just NOW hitting the no energy wall, you're awesome! I hit it at about...8 weeks. Until the baby comes. I'm a REALLY fun pregnant woman, I tell ya. ;)