Sunday, August 23, 2009

I WANT MY HUSBAND BACK!!!!

This last week was just a bit crazy.... The girls and I didn't do much - mostly because I had no energy!! Dan had all the teacher orientation stuff going on this week - which meant that he was back to work. The kids and I really liked having him off and home for a while. He's such a sweet thoughtful husband and such a fun caring father that we would ALWAYS choose to have him around more!! In addition to that, once in awhile he teaches a class through CCCC (Collin County Community College) for teachers trying to get certified in Texas. He has been doing that the last couple of weeks, and that is a Tues/Thurs class from 6-9 pm. Wednesday nights is Mutual at 7 pm. Friday night he left almost as soon as he got home for a scout camp out and didn't come back until Saturday around noon. So Dan's week was crazy!!

The kids and I started with the usual laundry and shopping trips on Monday, had friends over to play and eat on Tuesday, I had a doctors appointment on Wednesday - followed by lunch with my mom and sister, and a library trip on Friday.... Ok i'm officially exhausted just typing about it all..... The kids were great, but my energy only lasts so long, and my patience seems to run out soon after.

The pictures are of the girls ready and dressed for church. Eileen chose her clothes and accessories and put on her own make up! Yes she still LOVES that toy make up kit she got for herself. She also did Anna's make up. And wonder of wonders, I'm not totally sick of it and irritated that she got it.... mostly because she has been VERY good at only putting on make up for church and 'special occasions' and keeping it away from Aaron.

So we are now counting down the days and weeks. September is going to be a big month for us and at least for now, I'm eagerly anticipating it!

1 comment:

Cindy Thomas said...

My son went with your husband on the campout last weekend. He said it was such a fun time! He learned some good tricks!

Deanna, I see you and Dan and vividly remember when Glenn was in Scouts (all our married life til we got to TX - that's 10 yrs+). He went on every campout and left me with young ones - sometimes I cursed "Scouts" but as I look back we were blessed and are continuing to receive the blessings of those years. Hang in there - there's gonna' be MORE campouts! :O

Thanks for sharing your husband!