Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break!!!!

This past week has been our spring break, and since Dan is a teacher, and none of the kids are in school yet, it means a nice fun week for us! We all LOVE having daddy around.

We kicked off our week by going to the grand opening of a CiCi's Pizza and waiting outside in line for free buffet passes and had a free lunch. Kids had lots of fun eating pizza and playing with the big kids (which included a few of Dan's students)

That night for Family Home Evening, we went to the near by play ground for some fun and a picnic dinner. The kids loved the idea of having peanut butter and honey sandwiches for dinner. We called some friend who lived in the area had had lots of fun eating and playing together. They are a family full of boys and Aaron just LOVED it! He also discovered the slide and he LOVES that too!!

Wednesday, we went to the mall to let the kids play and to do some Christmas Returns (yeah ok, so we're lame...) anyway, the kids had fun playing, Aaron had fun wandering and Mommy had fun picking out new shoes for Aaron.

Thursday Afternoon, we went to the park with some friends and swung on swings, played hop-scotch (on the LONGEST hop-scotch I've ever seen - over 100 numbers! Drawn in chalk of course!) climbed, screamed, slid down slides, ran in circles after eachother talked, took pictures and peed our pants - well that last one was just Anna.... But we had fun and got tired!

Friday night we met a bunch of friends from our ward at Arbor Hills Nature Preserve in Plano for another picnic dinner. Grandpa met us there and the kids had a blast running around with all their friends and eating another picnic lunch.

Saturday we spent the day down at Grandpa and Grandma's house. we went in their (heated) pool and played with Aunt Sandi and Uncle Jon. We grilled some hamburgers and hot dogs and relaxed.

In between all this there have been bike rides, walks, playing in the back yard, reading stories, and the usual fun stuff.

Now we didn't just spend the whole week playing, we got some work done too. We put a tree in our front yard (a real one!) we weeded the flower bed, sprayed the lawn, cleaned the house, got our garden box ready, and Dan even managed to get some school work done!

This week Aaron also discovered the joy of climbing. He figured out how to get on the table, how to climb on the couch, and how to get at daddy's computer. But most of all he discovered ths slide in our back yard, and that he can now climb well enough to get to it. So earlier today, he climbed up the ladder and went down the slide, all by himself. Don't believe me??? Watch.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe that Aaron climbed that slide all by himself. Holy cow! That's crazy. I'm so grateful that Lauren isn't a climber. I would freak out. She just learned how to climb on the couch. Good thing.

Sounds like you guys had tons of fun! We need to plan a trip out there.

LoriT said...

I can't help but envy and admire the time you spend together as a family doing "wholesome recreational activities."

Also, the more times I hear about Anna peeing her pants, the more I smile, and the I less I want to tackle potty training with Miss Vivi. :) Although the roots of my inaction are firmly seeded in parental laziness, I somehow feel justified in my delay. Thanks for helping to ease my conscience.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys always have so much fun. Wow,it must be tiring, especially with number 4 on the way. I still can't keep up with just 3!