Sunday, January 25, 2009

QUARANTINE!!!

Our house has been put under quarantine. Every single member of our family has been sick this week. It all started with Dan, who almost never gets sick. He brought it home, then Eileen got "a frog in her throat," then Anna and Aaron, and finally me. Eileen was really cute about it. You could tell she didn't feel great and that her throat was a bit congested but she just happily walked around talking about the frog in her throat. Anna also has taken it fairly well, just a bit more tired than usual. Aaron has struggled. I ended up panicking when I found his temprature at 104 on Tuesday night and took him to a Care Now since our pediatrician was closed for the day. They checked his blood oxygen levels since he was really wheezy and gave him an oxygen treatment and then sent us to the Emergency Room. During all this Dan was teaching a class and not available, so my mom came up to help with the girls while I took Aaron down to the hospital. This trip ended up being useless. We waited in the waiting room for an hour and a half before they had room for us (it was VERY busy) then they took us to a room, x-rayed his chest and sucked his nose clear. Then sent us home saying he was fine and that we should just give him baby motrim when he needed it. He also had a small infection in one ear so we were told to check up with our pediatrician in a couple of days. I should have gone there first... They were suprised that the hospital hadn't checked for RSV and suprised that they hadn't given us a nebulizer for more oxygen treatments, because our little boy was (as the doctor put it) wheezing like a choo choo train. They sent us home with a few more prescriptions and a nebulizer and he finally seems to have some energy back and isn't wheezing anymore. I really like our Pediatrician. So no big suprise that after spending 3 hours holding a baby who was coughing in my face I ended up sick also. So now we are just waiting for this to pass and hoping to survive the next week. Thankfully we have kind friends who have brought food over (since I can't stand to cook right now) and parents near by who drop their life at a moments notice to help. Now I just wish we hadn't gotten my poor mom sick too!! :( Fortunatly Dan is about back to normal and has been a huge help when he can be home. The Lord has truly blessed me with a thoughtful and caring hubby!!

4 comments:

JB said...

So sorry you guys are sick! I know that it isn't fun at all. Get well soon!

Kristi said...

We've been sick too, CHandler has had strep throat twice in 3 weeks. Will had ear infections in both ears but luckily it's just the boys and not the whole family. Hope you guys feel better soon.

Elk Dresses said...

I wish that I was close and could help you out! I am glad that your Aaron is doing better. I'm starting my third cold since Kate was born...I think I need to like, coat my kids in Lysol, because they bring it all home so I can get sick! :)

Anonymous said...

That's so hard when everyone is sick. I like the picture, it's really cute