Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Aaron's Checkup
Well Aaron had his one year old check up yesterday. We discovered that he is following in the grand Jones boy traditions. He is in the 25th percentile for height and 10th for weight. He is officially my smallest one year old. So now the question is, why does he feel SOOOOO big when I carry him!!!!! Picking him up feels like hefting a rock (just softer) Doc says he looks healthy and it's nothing to worry about. What Dan and I can't understand is how we can put so much food in the kid and still have him be small. The kid eats more than I do!!! Anyway, so that's it really, not too exciting, but he is healthy, happy and well loved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think Jones boy tradition includes not being on the charts at all. Okay, that was just Cannon, but I wouldn't stress too much. He sounds very mobile and this is the age where that starts reflecting. It's when the doctor is still questioning whether or not you should turn the car seat around at their 18 month check-up and make jokes of having him be in a 3rd world country movie that you could fret. Also, with Cannon they would monitor his loin area for swollen lymph nodes which is a sign of malnutrition. All of his stats were in the same area, so they finally determined it was just genes and gave us permission to feed him all sorts of fatty foods. I think it was a culmination of genes and that he would drink too much milk and fill his tummy up with that more than food. Sounds like Aaron eats just fine, though, so welcome to the Jones genes!
I should mention our children also have my genes so it isn't all the Jones side. :) That and they are part monkey too.
Post a Comment