Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

On Saturday, we went to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch. We met Grandpa there and spent the first hour just walking around and letting the kids go where they wanted and just making sure at least one of us was following each of them! There are tons of fun things to climb on, a tractor, a train, and a truck. There are tons of painted wooden characters that the kids loved to look at, like Nemo, and Dalmations, Care Bears and Dora. Eileen went into the maze for little kids and managed to find her way out in about 15 seconds. I barely had time to walk around the maze to the end before she was on her way out. So next she attempted the bigger kid maze. (Mom was a bit worried since adults were not allowed in) She took a bit longer getting through that one, but once she did, she ran right back to the entrance and re-entered it! Anna was not interested in the mazes, but she spent a long time running around looking at everything and climbing on everything. She knew what she wanted to see and do and did not want anyone telling her where to go. After we all met back up and the girls got to have their faces painted. Eileen got a cute orange, black and white spot that was suppoesd to be Nemo, and Anna got a black pokey spot that was supposed to be a spider. I'd blame the girls for wiggling, but they sat still as stones for the ladies, so I guess they were just in a hurry with so many kids there... Anyway, after the face painting, we went over to where the hay rides were and went on the hay ride. The kids loved it, and after running almost 10 miles that morning, I was just glad to sit. After the hay ride, we went to the bounce houses and the girls bounced for awhile where the girls bounced them selves silly, then we wandered around the hay stacks and pumpkins for a bit until crankiness and fatigue drove mommy and daddy to beg to go home. After a fun filled morning, we all drove home and most of us passed out in the car on the way! Then that evening we went to celebrate Grandma Cox's birthday with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Jon and Aunt Sandi. After a fun, but exhausting day, we all went to bed quickly and slept soundly! Best part was the memories made. The kids will hopfully have memories of fun times together as a family, and I have fond memories of watching them explore and learn and enjoy. And the second best part? Admission= $0 Mazes= $0 Face Painting= $0 Hay Rides= $0 Bounce House=$0 Rediscovering just how brilliant, adorable and adventurous your children are...PRICELESS!!! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a wiz kid on your hands if she can figure out the mazes so fast. Congrats on your 10 mile run!! You're my inspiration, I've wanted to run a marathon my whole life, but never stuck to training past 8 miles. It's my first personal goal after I have this baby.

Anonymous said...

oh and about Chris's mission tapes, I can only imagine what a dork he sounds like. He still is one!

Elk Dresses said...

What your brilliant maze solver didn't tell you was that she just hauled herself right over the bundles of hay or whatever and went straight to the exit...:)

Melissa C. said...

I love that pumpkin patch. We went there last year. They have SO much to do, and I LOVE that it's all free! Fall is the best!

Kristi said...

I have another friend that went to this pumpkin patch, it looks really cool! I love pumpkin patches!